Car damaged in A90 fire

0
Have your say

A car has been badly damaged after catching fire on on the A90 near the Temple of Fiddes.

Emergency services were called to the scene on the A90 near Temple of Fiddes, south of Stonehaven, at around 11.50am on Monday.

A Grampian Police spokesman said the car, a silver Vauxhall Corsa, “was well ablaze” when officers arrived at the scene.

Nobody was injured as a result of the fire.

It is understood the blaze was caused by an electrical fault. A spokeswoman for Grampian Fire and Rescue said 15 fire fighters had been sent to the scene.

She said: “Crews used two sets of breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze.

“We had three appliances at the scene – two from Stonehaven and one from Inverbervie.”

She said crews left the scene at around 12.20pm.

Bear Scotland has sent roads crews to the scene to make the area safe.