Cause of nightclub fire confirmed as not suspicious

editorial image

Scottish Fire and Rescue Service has confirmed that the cause of a fire in Stonehaven’s only nightclub was not suspicious.

Zee’s nightclub on Barclay Street caught ablaze in the late hours of Sunday, July 24.

It is thought that the cause of the fire was electrical and that a fridge caught fire.

A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson told the Leader that an investigation started on Monday morning.

“We have established it was not suspicious,” they said.

A section of the busy Stonehaven road was closed into Monday morning as the investigation began.

Reports of ‘explosions’ were heard by patrons of neighbouring bar Trouper’s before the fire was found.