DCSIMG

Out of the frying pan, into the fire...

the owner put out the fire with a fire blanket before emergency services arrived

the owner put out the fire with a fire blanket before emergency services arrived

It was out of the frying pan and into the fire for a Stonehaven chip shop owner following an outbreak at his premises last weekend.

Scottish Fire and Rescue Services were called out to ‘The Square’ chip shop just before 2pm on Sunday, with crews from the Brickfield Roadstation in attendance.

However, the rescue service confirmed that the owner had put out the fire before their arrival.

A spokeperson said: “We were called to attend at a fire which was reported at The Square (formerly Sandy’s Chip Shop) in Market Square, Stonehaven, at 13.52 on January 5,

“The fire was extinguished by the owner using a fire blanket and c02 extinguisher prior to our arrival and we used a PPV (Positive Pressure Ventilation) fan to air the building.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news