Tragedy as 5 year old dies in Newtonhill

0
Have your say

THE devastated parents of a five year-old boy from Newtonhill who died after choking on a grape at the Bettridge Centre on Tuesday afternoon have described him as a “wonderful” little boy who was always smiling.

Primary One pupil Louis Emaho was taken by ambulance to Aberdeen’s Children’s hospital but died a short time after arrival.

Louis’ parents said ina statement: “We are absolutely devastated by the loss of our wonderful little boy. Louis was a bright, happy and bubbly child who always had a smile on his face.

“While we had Louis in our lives for too short a time, we are truly blessed to have known him and the love he brought to our lives will be remembered forever.

“We are finding it very difficult to come to terms with the fact Louis is gone.”

Councillor Carl Nelson told the Leader that he had arrived at the Bettidge Centre to pick up his two grandsons just half an hour after Louis was taken to hospital.

He said: “When I arrived everything seemed normal. All of the youngsters were working away. I was told that a boy had been taken to hospital but I didn’t find out the full extent of what had happened until later on Tuesday evening.

“I am in shock about the whole thing, and of course feel terribly sad for Louis’ family.”

A Grampian Police spokesman said there were no suspicious circumstances but a police inquiry was being carried out and a report would be sent to the procurator fiscal.