Laurencekirk’s bonfire night extravaganza will go ahead, with plans well under way for the event on Saturday, November 8.
Laurencekirk Business Club (LBC), who organise the event, discussed details at their most recent meeting.
Donna Allan from LBC said: “The location will be the same as last year thanks to the kindness of local landowner John McWilliams who has given permission again for his land to be used.
‘‘Everyone is keen ensure that this year’s event - starting at 6pm - can build on the resounding success of last year’s bonfire and firework display.”
Donna added that fundraising was “paramount” to making the night a success, and local business, Blaze Manufacturing Solutions, had already pledged £1000 to wards the cost of fireworks. Other local businesses will be approached for additional sponsorship.
Donna said: “There are a lot of people involved to make this event a special night for everyone.
Mearns Pipe Band will provide their musical talent at the opening of the event and Mearns FM will be comparing the evening’s entertainment.
The local Laurencekirk Fire brigade, Police and First Response will also be on hand to ensure a safe secure environment and M Whyte and Sons from Aberdeen will be looking after the catering.
There will be professional lighting on site to ensure everyone can see what they are doing and glow in the dark goodies will be available!
The children of Laurencekirk Primary School will be involved in a ‘Build the Guy’ competition which, once made, will be on display in Mearns Hardware Store until the bonfire.
Keep an eye on the Kincardineshire Observer for updates on plans for the bonfire and fireworks.