Derby victory

editorial image

Johnshaven made it three wins on the trot by beating AC Mill Inn. The win takes them to third in Division One East, albeit having played a few games more than the majority of the teams in the division.

Johnshaven, pictured above, fielded a strong line up which included new signing Kevin Crawford, but they could not find the fluency that has come with their recent performances in the first half.

In the 3rd minute, Hood knocked the ball forward to Scott Beedie, but his shot from the edge of the box took a slight deflection and clipped the post.

In the 11th minute a long thrown-in from MacLaren found Tringham, who attempted a spectacular overhead but his effort went just over the bar.

The game became victim to some injury stoppages at this stage with the game being stopped on no less than five separate occasions in the space of twenty minutes.

In the 35th minute Slavin played an excellent one-two with Smith and shot narrowly over, then efforts from Smith and Hood were straight at the keeper.

AC Mill in did have an excellent chance on the stroke of half time to take the lead, but their striker shot wide from six yards.

Johnshaven started the second half-brightly and Crawford was unlucky not to put the away side up after his volley went wide with the keeper beaten.

In the 47th minute Hood did brilliantly to get a cross in from the left, but MacLaren’s over-head kick went over the bar.

In the 65th minute an excellent cross from Scott Beedie found Milne but his header went just wide of the post.

Almost immediately after going on as a substitute, David Beedie played a deep cross to Steven Smith who beat his man and fired low into the back of the net.

Just a minute after going on as Johnshaven’s final substitute, Shaun Blease was one on one with the keeper after an excellent through ball from Crawford. He gave the keeper no chance as he blasted the ball into the top corner.

Blease was unlucky not to double his personal tally when he hit the crossbar with a header from a corner.