Deserved point for Johnshaven

In one of only three games played in the whole of the Aberdeenshire Amateur programme due to the bad weather, Johnshaven Athletic fought their way back from 4-2 down to draw with RGU.

In seven minutesRGU were awarded a penalty and scored to lead 1-0.

In the 14th minute a powerful shot from just inside the box found its way into the net to increase their lead to 2-0.

In the 20th minute a throw-in by Slavin found Milne who played the ball back to Steven Smith and he hit it on the turn into the top corner of the goal.

A couple of minutes later Milne passed out wide to MacLaren and his first time shot went straight to the RGU keeper.

In the 26th minute a shot was blocked by the legs of the Johnshaven keeper but the rebounding ball stuck in the mud and an RGU forward was able to run in and tap home for 3-1.

In Johnshaven’s next attack a shot by Milne was pushed round the post by the diving RGU keeper. The resulting corner by Smith found Shaun Blease and his header went just past the post.

In the 34th minute Milne headed back to Steven Smith who ran in and slammed the ball home for his second goal of the game.

Right on half time a free kick was played into the Johnshaven box and the wind carried it in under the bar to give RGU a 4-2 lead at the break.

In the 48th minute a Smith shot was pushed clear by the RGU keeper.

In 80 minutes Smith fired in a powerful shot and the keeper made a great save.

Two minutes from time a shot from Ross Blease was blocked by the RGU keeper and the rebound fell to Adam Comiskey who blasted the ball home for his first goal on his debut for Johnshaven.

A minute later Milne played the ball over the RGU defence and Smith scored with a diving header for his hat trick to give Johnshaven a deserved point.

Johnshaven: Trialist (Trialist), Bruce Carnegie (Stephen Stephen), Lawrence Slavin, Jack Dalgarno, Ross Blease, Nayland MacLaren (Adam Comiskey), David Beedie, Scott Beedie, Robert Milne, Shaun Blease, Steven Smith. Sub Stuart Beedie.