Dyce deny Hive

Dyce 4 Stonehaven 2

Stonehaven went into last Tuesday night’s Superleague meeting with Dyce Juniors at Ian Mair Park looking to kick on from the previous Saturday’s win at Hermes.

they had the best of the early exchanges and found themselves in front after just six minutes. The ball was played out wide to Philip Low who played the ball across the 18 yard box and Ellis stabbed it home at the front post.

ten minutes later it was almost 2-0 when an Ellis shot was cleared off the line following a Stonehaven corner.

Stonehaven were looking the more threatening and just after the half hour mark great one touch football between Cruickshank, Bryant and Low forced a Stonehaven corner which unfortunately had too much on it and came to nothing.

The visitors were pegged back five minutes later when slack defending allowed McNamee in on goal and despite Michael Smith saving well from the initial effort the rebound was rolled in from a tight angle.

Glass almost had Stonehaven in front again just before the half-time whistle after good battling from Bryant allowed him the chance to get the ball across but a goalbound effort from Glass was blocked by Murray.

Dyce had the last word of the first half when Strachan cut in and had a decent effort palmed over by Michael Smith.

five minutes into the second half Dyce took the lead when the unmarked Forsyth was allowed all the time in the world to head past Michael Smith.

The hosts were in the ascendancy and had a couple of near misses before going 3-1 up after 70 minutes. The ball was played forward and a mix-up between Reid and his goalkeeper left McNamee with an easy tap-in.

minutes later, Strachan cut inside and saw his shot tipped over by Michael Smith.

Stonehaven were struggling to get into the game at all in the second half but did manage to fashion a couple of chances when good chasing from Cormack resulted in the ball twice being played across to Cruickshank but on the first attempt the ball bounced over him before he could head it in and on the second attempt when he did make contact his header went over the bar.

Hive were then caught out and the ball was played out wide to the unmarked Thoirs who crossed for Booth to head home to make it 4-1.

Stonehaven grabbed a late consolation when Bryant scored from a free kick on the edge of the penalty area but it was all too little too late.

Stonehaven: Michael Smith, Gray, James Smith, Cameron, Reid, Ellis, Low, Cruickshank, Shand, Bryant, Glass. Subs: Cormack, Will.