Late equaliser denies Hive

Stonehaven welcomed East End to Glenury on Saturday in the PMAC Superleague as they looked to pick up their third straight win to keep pace with the top four.

It was the visitors who started better however and they took an early lead after 2 minutes when Jordan Reid fired a left foot shot past Stark after evading three Hive players.

The equaliser came soon after however as on 6 minutes LEWIS SHAND picked the up ball 25 yards out and struck great left foot effort which found the top corner with aid of a slight deflection.

A few minutes later Workman took the ball on a run but his left foot shot was tame and easily held.

The visitors took the lead on 23 minutes when the ball was played to the far corner of the Hive box and despite a sliding tackle clearing the initial danger the rebound from Thomson was slotted low past Stark.

On the half hour Stonehaven had a chance when a ball from Berton on the left fell to Wilson who managed to beat the ‘keeper to it but was unable to get a second touch to make any impact.

The equaliser came on 31 minutes when Šulkevičius played a ball out wide to Watt who advanced down the left and put in a great cross which found the head of ŠULKEVIČIUS who headed home at the back post. 

The Hive took the lead on 33 minutes when MARTIN SHAND picked the ball up from Workman and shot low past Stewart from just inside the penalty area.

Šulkevičius had a great chance to put the hosts further in front on the stroke of half time but after being played through by Wilson he opted to backheel back into the path of Wilson when he should have shot and the chance was gone.

Half Time – Stonehaven 3 East End 2

East End had the first chance of the second half on 52 minutes after The Hive failed to clear their lines but fortunately Reid shot over the crossbar.

On the hour Workman had a chance for the home side but despite doing well to get to the byline his shot was held by the ‘keeper.

Stonehaven were let out of jail three minutes later when a poor clearance from Šulkevičius resulted in Reid firing a shot which went just wide of target.

Moorhouse replaced Wilson on 65 minutes but he only lasted two minutes as he saw a straight red card from referee Arthur Murphy following a kick out at McTavish who had led with an elbow and was lucky not to find himself in the book.

Lewis Shand tried his luck on 68 minutes but his shot went wide of target.

Šulkevičius had a chance to increase the lead with quarter of an hour remaining but his free kick was easily held by Stewart in the East End goal.

The visitors had a couple of chances as they looked to use their numerical advantage but Stark did well to save both efforts.

Good play between Berton and Martin Shand on 78 saw the latter receive the ball back but his shot was blocked. 

Berton played in a free kick on 84 minutes which found Martin Shand but he could only head over the bar.

A minute later the visitors broke upfield and Stark made a great save and the resulting corner was headed over the bar.

With 87 minutes on the clock Martin Shand saw his free kick deflected for a corner. The ball in fell to Lewis Shand who saw his shot was deflected for another corner. The resulting cross found the head of Martin Shand who headed off the bar and the East End defence cleared the danger.

With just a minute remaining the ball was played upfield to Law who saw his shot strike Workman and it looped up and over Stark to make it 3-3.

Full Time – Stonehaven 3 East End 3

STONEHAVEN: Stark, Robertson, Lewis Shand, Low, McCall, Martin Shand, Workman, Šulkevičius, Wilson (Moorhouse), Berton(Goate), Watt (Pyper)

Subs not used: Bellu, Knowles