Johnshaven Athletic v Ms United

In the opening minutes Scott played the ball down the line to Dundas, whose cross found S. Blease who cut the ball back to Scott Beedie whose shot went just wide.

In the eighth minute a Johnshaven free kick from MacLaren also went wide. Johnshaven’s next attack came when R. Blease put the ball through to MacLaren but his shot blocked by a MS defender.

In the 19th minute a long range shot from MS beat the Johnshaven keeper to put them in the lead 0-1. A few minutes later MS thought they would try another long range shot, this time it went over the bar.

In the 25th minute a scramble in the Johnshaven goal area led to a handball. The referee pointed to the spot and Ross Blease converted the Penalty into the bottom right of the net to give Johnshaven the equaliser. Score 1-1.

Not long after this some great hassling from Dundas forced an MS defender into a making a mistake. The ball went to Tringham but unfortunately for Johnshaven his shot went narrowly past the post.

In the 29th minute Johnshaven were forced to make their first substitution when Graham Burnett replaced and injured Leon Dundas.

A few minutes later a low shot from MS was well caught by Johnshaven keeper MacLean. In the 38th minute a long range shot from R. Blease forced the MS keeper to give away a corner. This corner came back out to his brother S. Blease whose shot flew over the bar.

The last move of this half was an MS direct free kick, which was again well held by Johnshaven keeper MacLean.

Half Time Score 1-1.

In the opening minute of the second half half an MS United free kick went straight to the Johnshaven keeper who parried the ball out and their striker made no mistake as he found the net to put them back in the lead 1-2.

In the 51st minute a Johnshaven free kick by MacLaren goes high and wide. A couple of minutes later MS were on the attack when a Johnshaven defender was skinned and they looked certain to score until Johnshaven keeper MacLean pulled off a great save. Not long after this Burnett for Johnshaven turned his man and shot but it was the turn of the MS United keeper to make a good save.

In the 63rd minute Johnshaven made their second substitution when Shaun Blease was replaced by the fresh legs of Kevin Harrison.

In the 70th minute Johnshaven failed to take advantage with a free kick by MacLaren going wide with the MS United keeper stranded. A few minutes later Johnshaven came close again when a long throw-in from MacLaren found Burnett who headed it on to Hector but his shot was cleared off the line.

In the 80th minute Johnshaven made their last substitution when the fresh legs of Stuart Beedie replaced Jack Dalgarno.

A couple of minutes later a Johnshaven cross from Hector found MacLaren but once more his shot went wide. Not long after this Smith put in a great cross to Scott Beedie whose went straight to the MS keeper.

In the 87th minute a Johnshaven corner by Smith fell to Burnett whose shot rebounded back to Smith but he put the ball over the bar.

Final Score 1-2.

Man of the Match ~ Andrew Tringham Match Sponsor ~ The Ship Inn Johnshaven. Johnshaven Team: Jarred MacLean, Jack Dalgarno (Stuart Beedie), Steven Smith, Ross Blease, Steven Scott, Andrew Tringham, Kevin Hector, Nayland MacLaren, Leon Dundas (Graham Burnett) Shaun Blease (Kevin Harrison) & Scott Beedie. Sub Stephen Stephen