Johnshaven through in White Cup tie

Newmachar United 2

Johnshaven 4

Johnshaven made their second trip to Newmachar in three weeks, this time in the first round of the White Cup.

After losing convincingly in the league, Johnshaven made the brighter start and could have been a goal up inside the first two minutes. Smith crossed to Dundas who failed to get enough on the ball and when Shaun Blease followed up to score, the referee gave him offside.

Five minutes later, Johnshaven found themselves with another glorious chance to take the lead. Dundas rounded the goalkeeper but a covering Newmachar defender did brilliantly to clear off the line.

Johnshaven took the lead in the 27th minute. Hector skinned his man just inside the box and was taken down by a Newmachar player. Ross Blease stepped up to coolly slot the penalty into the bottom corner.

Johnshaven found themselves creating chance after chance. Scott Beedie watched an effort go narrowly go over, Smith had an effort saved and Hector shot narrowly wide.

The away team doubled their advantage in the 35th minute when a Dundas cross was headed into his own goal by a defender.

four minutes later, Shaun Blease found Steven Smith on the left and he coolly slotted home.

In the 76th minute Ross Blease was harshly judged to have fouled the Newmachar striker and the penalty sent MacLean the wrong way to bring Newmachar back into the tie.

two minutes later, Newmachar reduced the deficit to one goal when a midfielder blasted the ball past MacLean.

in the 86th minute a magnificent diving save from MacLean denied Newmachar an equaliser.

In the 89th minute Scott Beedie found his brother Stuart with a through ball. He rounded the keeper and picked out Stephen Stephen in the middle who had the simple task of putting the ball into the empty net to clinch victory.

Johnshaven: Jarred MacLean, Jack Dalgarno, Lawrence Slavin, (Stephen Stephen), Ross Blease, Steven Scott, Scott Beedie, Kevin Hector, Nayland MacLaren, Leon Dundas (Stuart Beedie), Shaun Blease, Steven Smith.