Mill Inn hit Dyce for six at home


MILL Inn were involved in one of the few amateur games featuring local sides on Saturday and they were extremely glad they beat the weather as they trounced Dyce 6-1 in the Premier Division.

This was a fantastic win for the Mill Inn as they stormed back to form after their long lay-off due to the weather.

the game was switched from Mill Inn’s usual pitch on to the pitch nearest the viaduct. The game only went ahead after frantic work from the management and players ensured the pitch passed an inspection from the referee.

Mill Inn took the lead straight from kick off when a 4-man move started and finshed by David Muir saw him knock the ball past the Dyce keeper.

Within minutes the Mill doubled their lead when the prolific Lee Dunn finished off a sweeping move at the far post.

It was one was one way traffic with the home side playing with confidence and it was no suprise when David Muir scored his second goal of the game when his shot was spilled over the the line by the visiting keeper.

It was not a day to remember for the away keeper and he was shortly replaced by one of the outfield players.

It wouldn’t have mattered who was in goal for Dyce as the Mill Inn were in scintilating form and free-kick specialist McMurray scored with a great free kick 20 yards out to make it 4-0.

Derek Allan then got on the scoresheet with a great finish. He throughly deserved his goal with a magnificent performance in the middle of the park alongside the veteran Adams.

The home side welcomed back Shuttleworth in midfield and another veteran in defence as Iain Morrice made a comeback.

5-0 up at half-time and with the game well and truly won the home side controlled the second half without really breaking sweat.

Lee Dunn scored the sixth goal on the hour and with the game almost finished Dyce scored a consolation.

A great all round performance from the home side and they can go into the local derby with Cowie Thistle on Saturday with confidence.